Monday, February 1, 2016

Book of the Week: No Monkeys, No Chocolate

Educators often ask me which of my books would work best in their classroom. So this year, I’ve decided to feature a book each week and highlight related teaching materials and strategies.

No Monkeys, No Chocolate is one of my favorite books, so I went all out when it came to creating related teaching materials.

The book has its own Teachers Guide, ReadersTheater script, and pinterest board not to mention some fun activity sheets. But the pièce de résistance is this Revision Timeline that features a dozen videos, downloadable rejected manuscripts, sample sketches for the illustrator, and more that explain the 10-year process of creating the book. Yep. 10 years, and 56 revisions. It was a lot of work, but well worth it in the end.

Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment