Friday, November 6, 2015

Vermont School Visits

I’m still basking in fond memories of my recent school visit to five schools in and around Essex, VT. Here’s the sign that greeted me on my first day:
 
And here’s the amazing display school librarian Mrs. Scrimgeour created for me at Essex Elementary:
 
And the fun treasure-hunt-like teaser that Mrs. Lawrence had just outside her library at Hiawatha School:
 
Wow! The teachers and staff at all five schools put so much time and effort into getting students ready to meet me. I really appreciate all their hard work.

Here are a few highlights from the program I did for K-2 students.
 
 
 
And one photo of me presenting to grades 3 and 4 at Westford School.
 
One of my favorite school libraries ever was at Founders School. It had such a cool vibe—and I love that they softly play jazz music in the background. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a photo. Rats!

Thanks so much to all the teachers and students at Essex Elementary, Founders, Hiawatha, Westford, and Summit Street Schools. I had a great time meeting and learning from you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment