Monday, November 9, 2015

Book of the Week: Feathers: Not Just for Flying

Educators often ask me which of my books would work best in their classroom. So this year, I’ve decided to feature a book each week and highlight related teaching materials and strategies.

Feathers: Not Just for Flying is perfect for science lessons about animal adaptations and how animals use external body parts. It directly addresses NGSS PE 4-LS1-1. You can start your lesson with a fun Readers Theater script that I’ve written to accompany the book.

I’ve also created a Teacher’s Guide that makes connections to a wide variety of NGSS and Common Core standards as well as a video mini-lesson that discusses the power of similes in nonfiction writing. You can find additional activities here and other materials, including sample sketches, on my pinterest board for the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment