Monday, September 21, 2015

Book of the Week: Beneath the Sun

Educators often ask me which of my books would work best in their classroom. So this year, I’ve decided to feature a book each week and highlight related teaching materials and strategies.

Since summer ends on Wednesday, today seems like the perfect day to talk about Beneath the Sun. This book is perfect for science lessons about weather, habitats, and animal adaptations. It directly addresses NGSS PEs 2-LS4-1 and 3-ESS2-1. You can start your lesson with a fun Readers Theater script that I’ve written to accompany the book.

I’ve also created a Teacher’s Guide that makes connections to a wide variety of NGSS and Common Core standards as well as a video mini-lesson that discusses the importance of vivid verbs in nonfiction writing. You can find additional activities here and other materials, including sample sketches, on my pinterest board for the book.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment