Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Behind the Books: Welcome Back!

I’m still in summer mode, so it’s hard for me to believe it’s already September and the school year has begun. Gesh! Why does summer seem so short?

I’ve got some great, meaty posts kicking around in my head for Celebrate Science this year, but to get us warmed up, I thought I’d start off with a great quote I stumbled upon during my summer reading binge:

“Reading is like breathing in. . .

 

. . . Writing is like breathing out.”


Don’t you just love that?

6 comments:

  1. If I could just convince my son that the breathing out is as easy as the breathing in.... :D He's 11 and would just like to inhale for the rest of his life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every child progresses at his/her own pace, Jilanne. I wasn't crazy about writing at 11. Being a good reader is an important part of being a good writer, so you never know . . . he might grow into a writer,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *do* love that. It's spot-on. What a beautiful description!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Stacey. When I read it, it immediately made me remember the student work above, which Carrie Gelson sent to me last year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful quote to begin the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so thrilled you included this image!

    ReplyDelete