Monday, March 23, 2015

10 Great Fiction Picture Books for Young Engineers, Inventors, and Tinkerers

11 Experiments that Failed by Jenny Offill

If I Built a Car by Chris Van Dusen (See also If I Built a House by Chris Van Dusen)

Iggy Peck Architect by Andrea Beaty (See also Rosie Revere, Engineer by Andrea Beaty)

Junkyard Wonders by Patricia Polacco

Mattland by Hazel Hutchins

Papa's Mechanical Fish by Candace Fleming

Roxaboxen by Alice McLerran

The Three Pigs by David Wiesner

Weslandia by Paul Fleischman

Violet the Pilot by Steve Breen

Next week, I’m going to review my favorite 2014 Picture Book for Young Engineers, Inventors, and Tinkerers. Stay tuned. 

 

3 comments:

  1. I've only read three of these: Iggy Peck, If I Built a Car, and Papa's Mechanical Fish. Must find the others. Thanks for the recs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list. My son is a budding scientists and I am sure he will be interested in at least a few of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear that you like the list. You may also want to check out my nonfiction list: http://celebratescience.blogspot.com/2015/03/10-great-nonfiction-picture-books-for.html

    ReplyDelete