Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Behind the Books: Words to Remember

I’m still in summer mode, so it’s hard for me to believe it’s already September and the school year has begun. Gesh! Why does summer seem so short?

I’ve got some great, meaty posts kicking around in my head for Celebrate Science this year, but to get us warmed up, I thought I’d start off by sharing a great quote from my friend and fellow nonfiction author Mary Kay Carson:

"I feel like fiction tells universal truths and nonfiction tells specific truths. We need both kinds."

Isn’t that great? You can read the full interview with Mary Kay here. 

2 comments:

  1. That's a great interview - I can't wait to read her new book, "Park Scientist"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Park Scientist and now am exploring some of Carson's other books. Thanks for the quote and interview link.

    ReplyDelete