Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Fun: A Great Week

This has been a great week for me.

On Monday, Franki Sibberson, fabulous third grade teacher and co-host of the A Year of Reading blog, declared it "Melissa Stewart week" in this wonderful http://readingyear.blogspot.com/2014/03/a-melissa-stewart-week.html post. (I'm blushing.)

On Wednesday, which just happened to be the 10th anniversary getting engaged to my amazing husband, I spent the day with uber-talented children's book author Loree Griffin Burns at the Massachusetts Environmental Education Society at Holy Cross College in Worcester, MA. I met a lot of passionate educators and had some great discussions.

And today, I'm presenting at a Massachusetts School Library Association pre-conference event sponsored by the New England School Library Association in Hyannis, MA. I'm looking forward to spending the day with dedicated teacher-librarians and talking about books and nonfiction writing and Common Core. I love these conferences because they help me get a sense of the specific struggles educators are facing and what I might be able to do to help.

The conference continues all weekend, and I'm looking forward to attending some great sessions and to presenting again on Sunday. The best part is that my parents live about 15 minutes away from the conference center, so I'll get to see them, too. Like I said, it's a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment