Monday, March 10, 2014

Deadliest Animals: Research

I wrote about my general research process just a few weeks ago, here and here, so I’d encourage you to look at those posts and share them with your students.

Although I’ve observed many of the creatures in Deadliest Animals while on safari in Africa or exploring the tropical rain forests of Costa Rica, I didn’t do any traveling specifically for this book. Most of the information came from notes I took during past trips or from magazine and journal articles. I did use the Internet a bit, and, as always, checked my facts with a variety of scientists.
All in all, the research process for this book was pretty uneventful, but that doesn’t mean I wasn’t surprised by some of the information I uncovered. And as you’ll discover over the next few weeks, my sense of surprise became the core of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment