Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Behind the Books: Off to a Good Start

Every time I launch a new book into the world, I cross my fingers and hope for the best. I know I’ve done everything I can to make the book the best it can be. But I also know from experience that readers and reviewers don’t always “get” a book.

Luckily, people seem to be embracing my newest book, No Monkeys, No Chocolate. Its official release date was August 1, but the excitement around this title began back in January when it was named a Junior Library Guild Selection.

In May, my friend April Jones Prince snapped this photo of the book on display at BookExpo America.

In June, the first review came in—and it was starred. Thank you, Kirkus!

I have no idea what the future holds for this little book, but I can’t wait to find out.

1 comment:

  1. Yay - I just got a copy and can't wait to read it! Who knew monkeys had anything to do with the chocolate I love. Flies, yes. But monkeys? Definitely need to know more...

    ReplyDelete