Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Behind the Books: Who Is this Woman?

This is Julie Ham, one of my editors at Charlesbridge. She sent me this photo so that I could admire the lovely, feathery headband that she wore to her company’s spring launch meeting in honor of my upcoming title FEATHERS (illustrated by the uber-talented Sarah Brannen).


Julie inherited FEATHERS when the book’s original editor left the company last year. Making the shift from one editor to another can be a nerve-wracking process. Sometimes the new editor just doesn’t have as much enthusiasm for the project as the editor who acquired it. But in this case, I’ve been very, very lucky.

Julie is both wise and patient, and her commitment to the book has been remarkable. Right now, the whole publishing team is working hard to iron out some of the book’s finer details, but I can already tell that it will be one of my favorite titles when it is complete. I'm really looking forward to it's release next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment