Monday, March 4, 2013

Having Fun with Common Core: Text Structures, Comparison

You have to admit that I haven’t been plugging my own books too much this year, but today, I will. I have a series of books that is absolutely perfect for discussing compare /contrast text structures with your students:
Alligator or Crocodile? How Do You Know?

Butterfly or Moth? How Do You Know?

Frog or Toad? How Do You Know?
Insect of Spider? How Do You Know
Salamander or Lizard? How Do You Know

Shark or Fish? How Do You Know?

But there are other books that also work well for this kind of lesson. Many of them are by the incomparable Steve Jenkins. What can I say. The main is a genius.

How Many Ways Can You Catch a Fly? by Steve Jenkins

What Do You Do When Something Wants to Eat? You by Steve Jenkins

Actual Size by Steve Jenkins

Prehistoric Actual Size by Steve Jenkins

Living Color by Steve Jenkins

Wings by Sneed Collard

No comments:

Post a Comment