Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Behind the Books: My New Obsession

I know what you’re thinking:  “More social media? I need that like I need a hole in my head.” At least that’s what my grandfather would be thinking.

But hear me out. Pinterest is fun and helpful. (And they didn’t even pay me to say that.)

Okay, so the four boards they suggest you start with promote shopping and materialism. But guess what. You can delete them with just four quick clicks. Then you can create your own categories.

I love looking at my boards, especially Cool Insects! and Flower Power and Wild for Nature. I’ve also created some great resource for teachers—books and ideas that are perfect for teaching various parts of the Common Core State Standards. It was fun and fast. Much faster than uploading images to this blog.

Instead of squirreling away all my digital images on a bunch of CDs buried somewhere in my office. I can find just the image I want for a blog post or to email a friend by just heading over to my Pinterest page. Easy as pie.

And a few weeks ago, I had a brainstorm. What a great place for authors and illustrators and other kidlit professional to show us their workspaces. So I started what is now one of my favorite boards. Thanks so much to everyone who has sent me photos and stories.

Like Twitter and Facebook, Pinterest probably isn't for everyone, but I think it's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment