Monday, December 19, 2011

Cool Clouds: In a Minute

When I looked out the window and saw these lovely, low-lying cumulus clouds, I grabbed my camera. But it only took a moment--less than a minute, really--for me to realize they wouldn't be the topic of this post. Well, not exactly.

The most interesting thing I noticed wasn't the clouds themselves. It was how fast they were moving across the sky. 





Using the second hand on my watch, I took these four images at 15 second intervals. See, what I mean? Those clouds are really zipping along.

I listened to our house creak and groan in the blustery breezes all night long. So I guess it's no surprise that the wind is still going strong today.

This series of images is a perfect example of why I'm loving this Cool Clouds blog strand. This is something I never would have noticed--or enjoyed--if I hadn't  been paying extra attention to the world outside my window.

Happy Holidays, Everyone. I'll see you back here in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment