Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Behind the Books: Books for Sale

I spent Saturday on Cape Cod, selling books at the Dennis-Yarmouth Women’s Club Holiday Fair.

Boy, do those ladies know how to put on a show! It was one of the most organized events I’ve seen in a long time, and shoppers showed up in droves.

I was very lucky to have a table close to the door, so everyone passed by me when they still had plenty of money in their pockets. That was a good thing for me because there were all kinds of fabulous crafters and artisans selling their wares, from jewelry and pottery and quilts to Christmas tree ornaments to homemade jams and some wonderful soaps that made the whole room smell wonderful.

It was a fabulous day. I met some great people, sold lots of books, and of course, I couldn’t resist doing some of my own holiday shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment