Monday, March 7, 2011

Take a Look: I’ve Been Traveling and Having a Blast

It’s March, and that means it’s time for school visits. Last week was a very busy week for me. I started the week at Woodville School in Wakefield and ended it in the March into Reading Book Festival in Rhode Island. I did 22 presentations in all.


Boy am I tired. But I’m also exhilarated. Those kids give me s-o-o-o-o-o much energy. And so much to think about, too. No matter how many times I do a program, those kids come up with questions that surprise and challenge me.

Here are a few of the highlights . . .

At Woodville School in Wakefield, MA, the second graders performed a Readers Theater based on my book Under the Snow.

Look at this cool hat! This boys asked me some super fantastic questions.



Here are the awesome signs that greeted me at Hathaway School in Portsmouth, RI.


A student from Mrs. Backman’s class introduced me at all 6 of my programs. They did a great job.


Here’s another Readers Theater program. Look at how straight these students are standing. I could tell they worked hard. They knew their lines, and they spoke loudly and clearly.  


And here’s my friend and fellow science writer Loree Griffin Burns who also presented at the March into Reading Book Festival in Newport, RI. She was discussing her wonderful new book The Hive Detectives.

What a fun week! Now I'm getting ready for more presentations over the next few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. How did you manage all that and STILL take pictures? It was great to catch up with you, Melissa. Thanks for the photos!

    Loree

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time during your Thompson visits! The fifth grade students are still talking about your presentations, and so are the teachers! Thanks for spending time with us and for sharing your writing process.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete