Monday, March 28, 2011

Take a Look: A Great School Visit

Recently, I spent two wonderful days getting to know the students and staff at Rochester Memorial Elementary School in Rochester, MA. I did three different programs for the second, third, and fourth graders. The town paper ran this fantastic article of the days events.

Here are some of the day’s highlights in photos taken by Michelle Cusolito, who did all the hard work of coordinating the event. Thanks, Michelle!
The third graders loved my bird program (And I admit, it’s my favorite, too.) Here students compare their arm span to a bird’s wingspan and their weight to a bird’s.



The fourth graders worked really hard in the nonfiction writing workshops I offered. I was so impressed with their ability to revise. I know they’ll keep up the good work.
Toward the end of the second day, students started to hand me drawings and cards. Look at these hand-crafted beauties:

No comments:

Post a Comment