Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Behind the Books: A Place for Fish

Tomorrow, March 3rd, has been a big day in my life since 1971. That’s when my brother, Doug, was born. This year is his 40th birthday, so his birthday is an extra big deal.

But that's not the only reason it's an extra special day for me. I'll also be celebrating the launch of my new book A Place for Fish. What makes the coinciding date even more special is that A Place for Fish  is dedicated to Doug.

My brother, a fellow nature enthusiast, is an environmental consultant and an avid fisherman. When I needed someone to vet this manuscript, I knew exactly who to call. It was the first time we’ve ever worked together, and I'm happy to report that no authors or reviewers were injured in the process. We might have spent a lot of time fighting when we were kids, but these days we pretty much see eye to eye.

Thanks, Doug, for all your help with this book. And, oh yeah, Happy Birthday! I can't imagine what my life would be like without you in it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Sis, I continue to learn so much from my older, wiser big sister. Thanks so much for the birthday wishes and involving me in one of your great books. With that being said, I think I should point out that you should never end a sentence with a preposition! Best, Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who do you think taught you what a preposition is?

    ReplyDelete