Monday, January 10, 2011

Take a Look: Victoria, British Columbia

Over the holiday break, we took a trip that I’ve been looking forward to for a long time. We visited my brother-in-law and his family in Victoria, British Columbia.


I’d never been to the Pacific Northwest before, and I was mesmerized by the bald eagles, the angry sea, the long, narrow fjords, and the giant trees. Especially the giant trees. One of my favorites was this sequoia. It had me at hello.

The bark was sooo soft. Yup, that’s right soft. Almost furry.
And look at how tall it is! I love the pattern of branches up there.
Thanks to a big old nor’easter blizzard, we had trouble flying back home. But we decided to make the most of it. When we were waylaid in San Francisco, we decided to stick with our trip’s tall tree theme and visit Muir Woods. The giant redwoods were absolutely gorgeous. Everywhere we looked the towering trees reached up, up.You know that maple tree I’m so fond of in my front yard? Now it seems downright puny.

No comments:

Post a Comment