Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Behind the Books: My Birthday

My birthday was last week, and one of the things I did on my special day is watch a great group of kids from Davis School in Bedford, MA, perform the Readers Theater script I wrote to accompany my book Under the Snow.

The second graders did a spectacular job. And the crowd they drew to Barnes & Noble helped to male the school district’s bookfair a smashing success. Thanks so much to Kate Desjardins for organizing the event.

Here are the kids gathering in their costumes:

Here they are lining up just before the performance:


Here are some helpers raising the “snow” that the kids performed under”:

And here are the students performing all four acts. Don’t they look great?






After the play, I did a reading and signing. What a great event! I hope next year’s birthday will be just as much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment