Monday, November 15, 2010

Take a Look: A Spider’s Perspective

A couple of weeks ago, Kate Narita suggested another great point-of-view idea. Why not also write a journal entry from the spider’s perspective? I liked the idea so much that I’m trying it today.


“I’m really enjoying stretching out in the sun this morning. It’s been such a rainy week. I can finally build a web and try to catch a little bit of grub before I mate and lay my eggs. I better make sure I keep one leg on that thread. If it vibrates, I’ll know something has landed in the web and I better investigate.”

“Oh, what’s that? That shaking was caused by something a whole lot bigger than a bug! And I can see its giant shadow. What’s going on. I’m going to coil up tight and wait it out. I don’t wan to abandon my web if I don’t have to.”



“Oh no! There it is again. I better run for cover. Whatever’s out there must be pretty dangerous!”

Hey, I like pretending I’m a spider. I bet kids will too. It’s a great way to see the world from a completely different point of view. I’ll have to try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment