Monday, June 14, 2010

Good Morning, Maple

This is the last week of school in my hometown, and I had vowed it would also be the last week of this blog until next September. If teachers and kids get the summer off from school, why shouldn’t I get to take a break, too?

Well, the answer is that you, my dear readers, won’t let me. Whenever I’ve casually mentioned my plan to friends and colleagues, they’ve said, “But what about your maple tree?”


And I have to admit, those words echoed my own thoughts. I’ve been so dedicated to recording the tree’s weekly changes since last September that the idea of not completing its annual cycle was weighing heavy on my mind.

So here’s my compromise. For the summer, I’ll be blogging on Mondays about my tree, but I’ll be taking Wednesdays and Fridays off. That way I get a break, and we all get to keep tabs on my little maple.

I can’t wait to see what we find there during the next couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment